Tour Ninh Binh - Mai Chau - Mu Cang Chai - Sapa 6 days
Tour code: RD-03
Duration: 6 days 5 nights
Itinerary: Hanoi - Ninh Binh - Mai Chau - Moc Chau - Nghia Lo –Tu Le - Mu Cang Chai - Than Uyen - Sapa - Lao Cai - Hanoi
This tour is for travelers who want to experience the natural beauty and lifestyle of ethnic minorities in the mountainous regions of northern Vietnam. It also allows you to discover the beautiful mountain landscapes and all the corners of the northern region. Your discovery will be through the most favorite areas for all those who love nature and trekking: Ninh Binh, Mai Chau, Mo Chau, Nghia Lo, Tu Le, Mu Cang Chai, Sapa. You will undoubtedly spend some strong moments during your excurision with winding road, mountain landscapes, rice terraces, limestone hills, rocky slopes,... This is not only a discovery of beautiful landscapes but also the experience gained by the special atmosphere after meetings with ethnic minorities.
Programme in brief
Day 1: Hanoi - Ninh Binh "Halong Bay in land"
Day 2: Ninh Binh - Mai Chau
Day 3: Mai Chau - Moc Chau - Nghia Lo
Day 4: Nghia Lo - You - Mu Cang Chai
Day 5: Mu Cang Chai - Sapa
Day 6: Sapa - Lao Cai – Hanoi
Day 1: Hanoi - Ninh Binh " Halong Bayin Land " (- / L /D)
Welcome at 8 am by the guide and the driver of Welcome Vietnam Tours at your hotel in Hanoi and transfer to Ninh Binh (120 kms - 3h drive), for a cruise around the landscaped complex of Trang An, considered “Halong Bay in Land” and was recognized by UNESCO as the mixed World Heritage Site in 2014. Boarding a bamboo boat for a cruise to discover this wild regionwith limestone rocks about 250 million years old, hundreds of valleys, caves, ponds, a rich and diversified fauna and. Visit the temples of Dinh and Le Kings located in Hoa Lu, ancient capital of Vietnam in 10th century. Overnight at hotel in Ninh Binh.
- Transfer: 3h drive
Day 2: Ninh Binh - Mai Chau (B / L / D)
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Mai Chau to admire the beautiful landscapes of rice paddy fields, sugar cane fields as well as the ethinic villages. Short stop at Thung Khe Pass which has a breathtaking view of Mai Chau Valley. Trekking for 1.5 -2 hours to visit the Muong ethnic villages with rice fields, stilt houses at the foot of lush mountains. After lunch at a local restaurant, continue to Poom Coong hamlet. In the afternoon, trekking to visit the vegetable gardens, fish ponds, houses on stilts, rice paddies and discover the daily life of the Thai. Have dinner at the homestay. Overnight at a homestay in Mai Chau.
- Transfer: 4h drive
- Trekking: 2-3h
- Homestay in Mai Chau:all people sleep in a big room of the house with seperate facilities such as: mattresses, mosquito nets, clean sheets and fans. There are toilets, showers with hot water and a bathroom outside the house.
Day 3: Mai Chau - Moc Chau - Nghia Lo (B / L)
After breakfast, depart to the highland Moc Chau. The road is long but in good condition. Take some stops on the way to visit the ethnic villages of the Mong and the Thai. Arrive at Muong Lo hamlet located in the capital of Nghia Lo in the late afternoon. This region is the land of the white Thai, black Thai who live in the hamlets covered by tea plantation with rice terraces, hills like pretty carpets. Overnight at a homestay in Nghia Lo.
- Transfer: 280 kms
Day 4: Nghia Lo –Tu Le - Mu Cang Chai (B / L / D)
Breakfast at the homestay. Then depart to Tu Le. Stop at Tu Le valley for an excursion through rice terraces and suspension bridges to reach the Thai and the Mong villages. After lunch at Tu Le, continue your journey to Khau Pha Pass – an ideal place for beautiful pictures on the rice terraces. Arrive at Mu Cang Chai, considered as one of the most favorite destinations for all who love nature and adventure. Not like Sapa crowed with tourists, we go to Mu Cang Chai to look for some pristine things and have something different from mass tourism. Overnight at a homestay in Mu Cang Chai.
- Transfer: 100 kms
- Trekking: 3-4h
Day 5: Mu Cang Chai - Sapa - Lao Chai - Ta Van (B / L / D)
Breakfast at the homestay. Depart to Sapa through Than Uyen with beautiful landscapes: paddy fields, tea fields ... Arrival in Sapa. After lunch, discover the richness of the Dao culture through interesting trekking. This trekking will lead you to the rice terraces of the valleys of Ma Tra and Ta Phin. Your hosts, a family of Dao, an ethnic minority living on the spot, will welcome you to her home. Dinner and overnight at a homestay of the Dao family.
- Transfer: 140 kms
- Trekking: 2-3h
Day 6: Sa Pa - Ma Tra - Ta Phin - Hanoi (B / L / -)
Morning: Trekking to the ethnic hamlets of Lao Chai and Ta Van through spectacular mountainous landscapes. Meet inhabitants of the black H'mong, Dao, and Giay ethnic group.
Afternoon: Back to Hanoi. Arrival in Hanoi at the end of the afternoon. End of the trip.
- Trekking: 2-3 hours
*** End of our services ***
Price in USD per person
Price per person
Included in the price:
- Accommodations in Ninh Binh, Mai Chau, Nghia Lo, Mu Cang Chai.
- Ground transportation (air-conditioned car, 4x4, minibus or coach depending on the number of participants)
- Rowing boat cruise in Ninh Binh
- English or French guide on the whole circuit
- Excursions and visits mentioned
- Meals mentioned in the program (PD: Breakfast, D: Lunch, S: Dinner)
Not included in the price:
- Visas and immigration fees upon arrival: $25/person
- International tickets to / from Vietnam
- Travel insurance and / or medical insurance
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Supplement accommodation in room (charged separately)
- Surcharge for high season or special events
- Gratuities, drinks and other personal expenses
- The program may be changed due to local weather condition or other unexpected reasons.
- Prices may change if the program changes. - Museums in Vietnam are closed every Monday.
- Programs do not include early check-in or late check-out at hotels. In Vietnam, rooms are normally available from 14:00 and must be vacated by 12:00. For an early availability or a late release, it will then be necessary to make the request with additional expenses.